- 5-Point Star Pattern drawing (due 1/6): See post: star pattern designs. Assignment will also be explained in detail during class
- readings (due 1/6): (both pdfs available here: Edith Wharton gets uncomfortable “In Morocco” and Employing Art Along With Ambassadors
- Linking Two Words (due 1/12): From a list given in class, choose two words to research. Present your two words to the class in any manner (visually, a brief oral presentation, keynote/powerpoint). The goal is to show a connection/synthesis between the two words.
- Readings: (due 1/12): Contemplating Islamic Patterns, THE IMPACT OF VISUAL IMAGES ON NON-U.S. CITIZENS’ ATTITUDES ABOUT THE UNITED STATES and “Sitings of Public Art:Integration Versus Intervention”
- Negation drawing (due 1/12): see post: Opposite Day. Drawing from the sense of Nationalism you most identify with, make a drawing that is ultra-nationalistic. As Bayne pointed out, we are using the philosophy of “via negation;” looking at the wrong thing to do in hopes of arriving at the ‘right’ place.
- (due 1/16) scan one image from the reference books available at the library and send it to me by Tuesday.
- (due 1/19) comment on the wordpress site (2 sentence minimum)
- (due 1/19) reading: Lost Lords of the Sahara
- (due 1/26) reading: Exhausted Exuberance
- (due 1/26) one-part mold piece